Here is The Sunday 6 – Vol 2. This week, I have articles from fellow blogger, Craig J Todd from 6ft9writer.com, Fastcompany, Brian Tracy, Medium and a TED Talk.
This digest is be segmented into categories – productivity, psychology, personal finance, etc. and will contain “Post highlights” from each article. I will include the link to the original post for your viewing pleasure.
I encourage you all to visit the other blogs and see what other nuggets of knowledge you can grab.
If there are any articles that you think are worth including for the week, please share them with me! I’m always looking to learn more!
Here are my favorite posts from this week:
- The Mental Health Foundation estimates that 1 in 6 people in the past week has experienced a common mental health problem.
- Unfortunately, there’s a dependency on prescription drugs. In the UK, the amount of antidepressants prescrcibed from 2005 to 2015 has doubled
- While there are significant studies on the benefits of art therapy and music therapy, Craig Todd (the author) explores how writing can be therapeutic with 7 writing techniques:
- #1 Clear your thoughts using a ‘mind dump’.
- #2 Keep a diary.
- #3 Practice ‘free writing’.
- #4 Make a list.
- #5 Write a letter.
- #6 Become a poet.
- #7 Free your inner creativity.
- Hard work is a key factor to being successful. However it’s not only the ingredient. In fact, it can be detrimental to your career and health if you’re not fully aware of how much effort you’re actually putting in.
- The 3 reasons how hard work can hinder your success:
- You don’t take enough credit for your own work – Your work may become easier over time, but
- You overwork yourself
- You get too much done, but it’s not the important stuff
- Relationships are important aspects of our lives. As a species, we are social creatures.
- The key ingredient to better and successful relationships is clear communication.
- Here are some key tips for clear communication
- Invest your time by listening attentively and patiently
- Be sure to deliver a clear message
- Clear communication takes time
- Stop viewing “free-time” as free time and use it to reinvest in yourself
- Here are three tips to investing in yourself:
- 1. Know what you want to improve and let that be your “leading goal.”
- 2. Be aware of who you spend time with, and whether they contribute to that Leading Goal or not
- 3. Be deliberate with the way you invest your time.
Social Media Marketing
- Strong Social provides best practices around the powerful technique of #Hashtagging. Well it’s only powerful if you avoid these 8 mistakes!
- Using only “popular’ or generic hashtags
- Not researching hashtags
- Ignoring local hashtags
- Not testing for new hashtags
- Not using related hashtags
- Using a million hashtags in your captions
- Not keeping track or analyzing hashtag use
- Not using hashtags at all
6. TED Talk Simon Sinek – “Start with why – how great leaders inspire action”
- The first time I saw this Ted Talk, I was fresh out of college undergoing sales training with Oracle. I’ve seen this TED Talk a few more times, and for great reason. It’s a fantastic TED Talk. If you haven’t seen it before, I highly recommend immersing yourself into the video and Sinek’s message. If you have already seen it, I recommend watching it again!
- Here’s the description directly from the TED Talk website
- “Simon Sinek has a simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership — starting with a golden circle and the question “Why?” His examples include Apple, Martin Luther King, and the Wright brothers …”
Readers, if you have any posts or articles that you think should be featured in “The Sunday 6” please send them to me via email email@example.com or DM the articles to me @2ndhandsuccess. Don’t forget to sign-up for the Secondhand Success newsletter for my latest posts!